Thursday, March 25, 2010

Mark 2:22 (NIV)

"And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the wine will burst the skins, and both the wine and the wineskins will be ruined. No, he pours new wine into new wineskins."


Jesus offers hope, healing, and new life to all who come to him in faith. But I know this person who refuses to believe anything good can come to her. Her hope is simply lost. She lives in her prison of darkness days on end. She claimed all the promises of God, but refuses to believe that she can trust Him to bring her true freedom and a better life. So instead she chooses to live her life in darkness, fear, bitterness and despair. And this my friends is putting it mildly.

This is so sad to me because I know a Savior who wants to provide a life of abundance for me. He wants to give me all my hopes and dreams in Him. But we simply start believing the lies. The lies that we are not worthy of anything good, allowing ourselves to be convinced by Satan that nothing of anything good will ever find me...ever! I pray for this person daily to come to the foot of the Cross and bury it there. For her to take hold of my Savior's hand and crawl out of the pit she is in...I do believe in miracles...I pray she does too.

This verse is a reflection of those who simple try to put their new life in Christ in their old lifestyle of the world. It just can't be done. The more time you spend reading God's word the more you want to be around other people who do the same. You look for those people who might be able to give you more insight and wisdom in the Truths of God. Do you ever buy a new video game..or for me...a new stamping product...just out on the market..and just let it sit because you can't figure out how to use it? No, you read the manual...and if that still isn't enough...you seek out others who know how it works...someone to give you feedback on how to make the thing go! You bought it...to enjoy it...not for it to become lost to you!

No friendship or romance is worth your soul. Repentance means change. And change means purging your heart of anything that can't coexist with Christ.

You can't put new life into an old life style people...you just can't! The inevitable tragedy occurs. The new life will become lost.

Do you need a big change to put your life on course? Boldly put your life in Christ's hands and let God do a miracle. I hope my friend is reading this now and will trust that God can make a difference in her life...if she will just trust Him!

Mama Barb


"News about him spread all over Syria, and people brought to him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering severe pain, the demon-possessed, those having seizures, and the paralyzed, and he healed them" (Matthew 4:24 NIV).

No comments: