Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Matthew 14:28-31 (NCV)

"Peter said, "Lord, if it is really you, then command me to come to you on the water."

Jesus said, "Come."

And Peter left the boat and walked on the water to Jesus. But when Peter saw the wind and the waves, he became afraid and began to sink. He shouted, "Lord, save me!"

Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught Peter. Jesus said, "Your faith is small. Why did you doubt?"

You know as long as Jesus is one of many options, he is not option! As long as you can carry your burdens alone, you don't need someone to carry them. As long as your situation brings you no grief, you will receive no comfort. And as long as you can take him or leave him, you might as well leave him, because he won't be taken halfheartedly!

Peter knew better than to bite the hand that could save him...so he reached out and said, "Save me Lord!" Remember Peter is the one who denies Christ 3 times...and swears he will never do it! So, even when I fail...and it is often! I have a Savior who will carry my burdens! I have a great comfort from the only Comforter I need. He is my ONLY OPTION! He is my passion! So I have no problem crying out, "Save me Lord!

"Wisdom and money can get you almost anything, but only wisdom can save your life." Ecclesiastes 7:12 (NLT)


Mama Barb

No comments: