Monday, May 17, 2010

Mark 13:32-37

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come. It's like a man going away: He leaves his house and puts his servants in charge, each with his assigned task, and tells the one at the door to keep watch.

"Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back—whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn. If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping. What I say to you, I say to everyone: 'Watch!' "


Most days I don't even think about being on guard for Christ's return. You might think that is wrong...it probably is. Because Jesus stood right there on the Temple Mount and told His disciples to be ready...and watch!

There is this hope I have in this Scripture. Jesus tells them He has put His servants in charge of His house..."Therefore keep watch because you don't know when the owner of the house will come back..." "If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping..." Those words there are my hope! I don't want Him to find me sleeping...so I serve! I will continue to work in His Kingdom...in His house until He returns or takes me home!

My war is a daily war that I battle...indifference, injustice, hatred, evil and more prevails. But I choose to stand at the door ready! I am not fearful of the second coming. I know that my heart is set in His hands. My eternity is secure. What about yours? Will He come and find you working or sleeping?

I believe my lack of fear about His return...is my confidence that I am saved and He HAS prepared a place for me. So I don't dwell on the what if He comes...I choose to be ready and working daily for His Kingdom, ready when He comes.

But I ask you again, "If Jesus returned today...at this very hour, minute or second...would you be among those that welcome Him or those who dread His coming? Reconsider your priorities and stand ready to go at a moment's notice." Be confident that He will find you at your assigned task...working in His name.

Mama Barb

No comments: