Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hebrews 12:28

"Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude, by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe;" (NASB)


What a beautiful verse! I have received the Kingdom! And to add to that...it cannot be shaken! It can't be taken away from me. For such a precious gift that I have received what kind of response would you say shows gratitude? It causes me to think back on the gift I received...my children. God blessed me with two beautiful children...I would like to think that gift cannot be shaken! Even if He calls them to their heavenly home, that gift was mine...no one will ever take that experience and love away from me. My response for that gift of life is humbleness and awe!

This feeling I am talking about...is what I match to this kind of feeling of my salvation. I am so moved by a Savior who would die for me...a God who would bless me as the mother of my children...the only response to this precious gift for me is a humble, repentance heart. One that is willing to serve and give back for the unbelievable blessing I have received.

1 Chronicles 16:34, "Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever." (NIV)

Amen,
Barb Welch

No comments: