Friday, February 12, 2010

Matthew 6:22-24

"The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.


It is so amazing to me to read a Scripture you know you have read many times and see God telling you something new within it. Today these verses spoke so loud to me. I know I want more stuff everyday. I fight that battle telling myself your flesh is driving that desire...it is not of God.

If the eye is he lamp of my body...and my eyes are good...my WHOLE BODY will be full of LIGHT! If I look to the things that pleases my Heavenly Father, He will create new desires in my heart for the things He wants for me.

The other side of that is...when my flesh controls me...then my eyes see with darkness...and my whole body becomes dark and there is nothing good in me anymore. I get a real visual...so to speak...of how dark that really becomes.

If I am to be a light to the world, I have to look for the things that are of God not of man. I can't serve two masters...one will bring me victory for eternity and the other might bring me victory for he moment...but it will fade to nothingness.

Go with the light,
Barb Welch

No comments: